1. To have basic knowledge and culture of earth sciences
2. To contribute to our country’s economy by looking for and finding regional and national underground and surface natural resources.
3. To recognize minerals and rocks which form earth’s crust by using scientific methods and to investigate them with a perspective of an engineer.
4. To raise individuals who have engineering ethics
5. To develop scientific thought.
6. To teach systematic and logical thinking
7. To make them acquire ability to work interdisciplinary
8. To make them acquire the ability to find practical solutions for the problems stemming from daily events and to make accurate resolutions.
9. To encourage them to investigate and to make them acquire ability to use new tools and methods
10. To raise engineers sensitive to environment
11. To keep pace with the contemporary technological developments and apply them to the profession.